About DREAM City
The Government of Gujarat has initiated a planning process for the realisation of Diamond Research and Mercantile (DREAM) City at Surat. This Smart City is projected on a 681 hectare site in the southern part of Surat, adjacent to the village of Khajod, the Outer Ring Road and close to the Dumas airport.
Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board (GIDB) has assigned the consultant team comprising of HaskoningDHV Consulting Pvt Ltd in consortium with HaskoningDHV Nederland BV and Knight & Frank India Pvt Ltd which commenced their services after signing of the contract on Dec 19th 2015.
The objectives of this assignment are:
- To carry out existing situation analysis;
- To prepare the Base Map on GI Platform;
- To prepare a detailed Sustainable and Integrated Master Plan
- comprising of detailed sector wise Master Plans;
- To prepare Special Development Control Regulations & Zoning Regulations;
- To prepare Institutional Governance Strategy;
- To prepare Design and Construction Guidelines;
- To prepare sector wise policy framework for implementation;
- To prepare Business Plan cum bankable project report;
- To develop Institutional Structure for the SPV and each of the subsidiaries;
- To prepare 3D Walkthrough, Working Model;
- To assist the Project Management Unit in synchronising the design and engineering plans as per the Master Plan.
A Special Purpose Vehicle, Diamond Research and Mercantile (DREAM) City Limited has been formed for the implementation.